COUNTDOWN TO THE BRIDAL SHOWER
The bridal shower or couples shower is the maid of honor's pre-wedding farewell to the Bride. Here's a handy checklist to help you plan a perfect party for the bride-to-be. Be sure to adjust the timing to suit your shower style.
Print & Play Bridal Shower Games
3+ MONTHS BEFORE
Discuss with the Bride the type of Bridal Shower she would like. Does she want all women or couples? An afternoon tea or Saturday night affair? Would she prefer the shower to center around a particular theme style, or color? Does she want something small at home or would she prefer day a the spa? Does she want to serve cocktails? While most of the shower details and decisions will be up to you, make sure you plan according to her input.
Set the date -- a month or two before the wedding is best. If important family members are travelling from out of town choose a date that works well for everyone.
Email or call important guests such as the bride's best friend from high school, her favorite cousin, the groom's mother, etc. to see if there are any scheduling conflicts.
As a added courtesy, call any guests who will have to travel some distance to attend -- they'll appreciate the advance notice.
If the shower will take place at a restaurant make the reservations.
Create the guest list Everyone invited to the bridal Shower should be invited to the wedding. An exception is coworkers who plan a shower amongst themselves.
2 MONTHS BEFORE
- Establish a budget with the bridesmaids.
- Purchase or make the invitations.
- Brainstorm with the bridesmaids to finalize decisions about table linens, menu, decorations, favors, music, and activities.
- Order special menu items through the bakery or caterer.
- Notify a rental company if linens, coffee urns, and other equipment fare necessary.
- Compile addresses for the guest list.
- Create a detailed to-do list and assign tasks.
1 MONTH BEFORE
- Assemble and address invitations. Include information about the couple's registries. And, if it's a theme party, make sure to provide proper gift-giving instructions.
- Mail invitations.
- Shop for decorations, paper goods, and other party props.
- Purchase favors or make shower favors.
- If guests have offered to bring desserts and other treats, call to confirm what they plan to bring -- adjust your recipe plans accordingly.
2 WEEKS BEFORE
- Order flowers or table decorations.
- Make a shopping list for the food and drinks.
- Pick up any baskets, CDs, cake stands, punch bowls, tea services, stereo equipment, or serving platters that friends or neighbors have offered to lend.
- Pick up fun gifts for the shower games
1 WEEK BEFORE
- Confirm reservations.
- Confirm orders and delivery times.
- Confirm RSVPs.
- Buy groceries.
- Create a plan to facilitate decorating and setting up.
- Prepare shower games and activities.
1 DAY BEFORE
- Prepare any menu items that can be made in advance and prep the food items.
- Set up equipment, assemble decorations and favors, set table.
- Confirm with the bridesmaids who's bringing what and ask them to arrive early to help.
- Run last-minute errands.
THE DAY OF The Shower
Prepare refreshments and receive food deliveries.
Receive and display flowers.
If the shower is at a restaurant (or similar establishment), arrive 30 minutes early (bring a mom or bridesmaid with you) to address any last-minute details and concerns with the manager or maitre d'.
Enjoy the Day!!