THE BRIDESMAID'S DRESSES -
Choosing the bridesmaid's dresses and who will pay for what? Will be the biggest obstacle for the bridal party. Keep cool, be open-minded and try to be accommodating.
Once the formality of the wedding has been decided, the location and the number of bridesmaids, deciding on what to wear may be the hardest decision of all. Remember - the bride chooses the colors for her wedding.
There are no hard and fast rules as to who will pay for the bridesmaids dresses. If the Bride is adamant about a particular dress - one that may never be worn again, then it should be the Bride who will pay for all or part of the bridesmaid's gowns. If on the other hand, the bridesmaid are free to choose a style that could be worn again, then the bridesmaids should cover all or part of the costs.
Bridesmaid's Dresses for 2012. This years dresses are all about color! While green bridesmaid's dresses are still as popular as ever, orange bridesmaids dresses are defiantly leading the way as the new IN color for 2012 and as popular as ever are chocolate dresses.
Easy solutions for clothing the bridesmaids....
- the bride decides on the color and the style, pays for all the bridesmaids dresses - end of discussion.
- all the bridesmaid wears the same dress, with variations on the color chosen by the bride, different hues of the same color look great in a group setting and each bridesmaid should be able to find a color that will suit her skin tone.
- all the bridesmaids are wearing the same color, but each outfit is slightly different, this will allow the bridesmaids who are uncomfortable in a strapless dress the freedom to wear sleeves.
- choose a skirt length and then allow each bridesmaid to choose the top style she is most comfortable in.
- if you really have your heart on dressing the bridesmaids in the same dresses - find a style that suits the largest girl first, she will be the most difficult one to fit, and if the style looks great on her, it will probably look great in the smaller sizes, and she will thank you for it.
- unify different bridesmaids outfits by matching the accessories and jewelry, add a chiffon wrap or a pashmina and they will all look coordinated.